If you’re like many Canadians, you’ll be planning a sunny (or snowy!) getaway. And whether your trip is for the purpose of lounging on a Jamaican beach, reuniting with family in the U.S., or gazing at the ocean aboard a Caribbean cruise, one thing’s for sure: you don’t want to have to leave your smartphone behind, or stress out about excessive charges to use it.
And there’s no reason to. Rogers has a handful of new Roaming Data Passes that make using your phone’s wireless internet worry-free and affordable, no matter where you’re off to, and no matter whether the trip is short or long. Here’s what you need to know.
Travelling to the U.S.?*
- “Yes! But just for a day.” No problem. For a one-time fee of just $10, you get 10 MB of wireless internet (data). Need a bit more? For $20, you get 40 MB. This day pass lasts 24 hours from the time of activation.
- “Yes! For a week or two.” There are three Passes that would work for you, with each lasting up to 31 days. You can pay $30 for 20 MB; $50 for 100 MB; or, if you think you’ll be using your device quite a bit, opt the $100 Pass, which gives you 500 MB. This last option brings your effective bucket rate to just 20 cents per MB.
Imagine posting a Facebook status update on your smartphone from your relative’s house in Albania. Or tweeting a picture of Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe. Using your device’s wireless internet from international locations can be done worry-free with one of the new Roaming Data Passes from Rogers. Here’s the rundown:
- Day Passes: If you only need to get online for a day, or will only be gone a day, select one of two international day passes. A one-time fee of $25 gets you 5 MB, while $40 gets you 10 MB to use for a 24 hours from the time of activation.
- Month Pass: Going away a little longer? Pay $50 for 10 MB; $100 for 25 MB; or $225 for 75 MB. Your wireless internet lasts up to 31-days from day of activation.
*Check rogers.com for a complete list of applicable locations
Going on a cruise?
All aboard! While cruising is an amazing way to get away from the outside world, most of us still want a way to stay connected to home. Rogers new Premium Data Passes apply to cruise ships, as well as the Bahamas, Belize and Cuba. Here are your options:
- Day Pass: For a one-time fee of $30, receive 2 MB of wireless internet (data) that you can use over a 24-hour period from the time of activation.
- Month Pass: For a one-time fee of $75, receive 5 MB of wireless internet (data) that lasts over a 31-day period from the day of activation.
How to buy:
Before you go: To pre-purchase roaming data passes, text “TRAVEL” to 7626 and click on the link in the text message (link is free). Or visit rogers.com/m/roam on your mobile device. The pass will become active upon using data in the region for which the pass was purchased. But don’t purchase too far in advance, because the pass will expire after 30 days if it hasn’t been activated.
While you’re away: Click the link that you receive when you first turn on your device while roaming (link is free). Follow the prompts to select the Pass that’s best for you.
For more information, visit rogers.com/travel