Back up your contacts for safe retrieval in case of a lost or damaged device.
- Plug your iPhone into your computer and cancel the automatic initial sync by clicking the small “x” just to the right of the backup and sync progress bar.
- Go to the left-hand column and select your phone from Devices.
- Go to the Info tab, which is between Summary and Apps. From here you will have three options; choose Contacts.
- Check the box next to Sync Address Book Contacts. Then either select All Contacts or Selected Groups if you use groups on your iPhone.
- You now have the option to sync your Yahoo! or Google contacts (select which one is applicable to you). Follow the prompts to finish.