Thanks to near field communication technology, you can quickly share digital information – videos, music, links, photos and other saved files – by simply touching two devices together. It’s called Android Beam.
Here’s how to get started:
- Turn on Android Beam by going to Settings > More > Android Beam and then hitting the switch.
- Navigate to whatever resource you want to share (a contact, a picture, a web page, an app).
- Place your phone back to back with another Beam-enabled Android device.
- You’ll hear a chime and you’ll see your screen shrink.
- Tap on the screen to share.
- Once the beam is initiated you can move the phones apart.