In the Store on your Windows Phone device, you’ll find just about any application you can imagine along with music and podcasts. With the redesigned interface in Windows Phone 8, you’ve got even more room on your Start screen for more apps with less scrolling. Here’s how to find apps.
- On the Start screen, tap the Store icon to launch.
- Tap Apps or Games.
- If you know what you’re looking for, tap the Search button and enter your search terms.
- Otherwise, flip left and right to see apps (or games) organized into different categories.
- When you find an app that looks interesting, tap for more information.
- Flick left or right to see customer reviews, screenshots and related apps.
- Tap on Install to download a free app. OR
- Tap Buy and then confirm to purchase a paid app.
Tip: If you see a notification on the Store icon on your Start screen, that means there are updates available for your installed apps. Tap to enter the Store and install the latest updates.