Customization on your Android phone goes beyond simply switching one stock wallpaper for another. There are live (animated) wallpapers to choose from; you can folder all your app shortcuts for easy organization; you can choose a new colour scheme; or change which apps appear in the dock. Here are a few tips for customization.
Create an app shortcut
- Open the app tray and swipe to the app you want to create a shortcut for.
- Tap and hold on the app.
- The app tray will close and you’ll be dropped back to your home screen.
- Move to position the app shortcut and let go to place.
Move an app shortcut
- Tap and hold on an app shortcut.
- Drag to move and drop to place the shortcut.
- Dragging to the extreme left or right of the screen will move to a new home screen.
Tip: You can remove or replace app shortcuts in the dock in the same way; tap and hold, drag and drop.
Create a home screen folder
- Tap and hold an app shortcut to move.
- Drag the shortcut over another app shortcut.
- You’ll see the shortcut highlighted with a blue circle.
- Drop to create the folder.
- Drag other apps into the folder in the same way.
- Tap the folder then tap the text at the bottom to rename that folder.
Change your wallpaper
- Tap and hold on a blank space on a homescreen.
- Choose Gallery to use a picture you’ve taken, choose Live Wallpapers for an animated home screen background or choose Wallpapers for a still image.
- Swipe through the available options, tap to view and then tap Set Wallpaper.
Tip: If you choose a photo from your gallery in step two, you’ll be asked to choose the cropping area of that photo. Grab the crop marks and drag to reposition then tap OK to set.