Maybe you want a backup on your computer; maybe you’re moving to a new Android phone; or maybe you’re just looking for a redundancy as a safeguard. In any case, you’ll want to backup all the contacts you’ve collected on your phone. It’s very easy to do on your Android.
- Open the app tray and find the Settings app.
- Swipe down to Accounts and choose Google.
- Tap on your main Google account in this list to enter the Sync Settings page.
- Find Contacts in this list and tap to select the checkbox if it isn’t already checked.
- Tap the Settings icon in the top right and then tap Sync now.
- You’ll find all your contacts online at google.com/contacts. From here you can select them and export in a variety of formats, ready to move to a new phone OR
- On your new Android phone, simply add the same Google account and all your contacts will automatically make the move to your new device.
Tip: Your Google Account can also keep all your favourite browser pages, calendar appointments, photos, books and much more in sync. Just check the appropriate boxes in your Google account settings page in step three.